The People Power to Get Things Done!
Seminole Economic Development Council and the Oklahoma Department of Commerce teamed up to create a report reflecting the current workforce in a four-county area which comprises our total workforce. The report examines the availability of labor in Central Oklahoma, which includes Hughes, Lincoln, Pottawatomie and Seminole Counties.
Highlights of the report include:
- A total of 10,500 workers are either actively looking for other work or willing to change jobs for the right opportunity.
- An estimated 5,716 workers are underemployed.
- In addition to underemployed, 3,823 workers have looked for other work during the previous three months
- The underemployed exhibit a variety of occupations and skills
- About 14.0% of underemployed workers hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
- The typical underemployed worker is willing to change jobs for an increase in pay of 10 to 15%.